Sunday, October 31, 2010

 I know! Two posts in one week is a record.  I am really trying to keep updated.  Here is a little rundown of our Halloween Holiday. . . First, the pumpkin patch.


 Then, we try to keep Grandma Shauna's tradition alive with our annual Halloween Party.
 Grandpa Stan showed up with the pizza and the kids didn't even recognize him, and they are convinced Grandma must be trying to be Hannah Montana.
I was without a costume this year.  One, for lack of planning and two, because when I tried to be Princess Leia things looked terribly wrong with the huge belly, so pumpkin earings and a black shirt will have to do this year.
 Chad dressed up like an Army man because when he returned from his work trip the day before, Carson told him that he felt like his dad is in the Army and he doesn't get to see him very much.  He also said, "It feels like when you come home, they must have kicked you out."  Chad didn't think it was very funny.
 Pumpkin carving was fun this year because both Abby and Carson were really good at it.  Carson made it clear that he is "in to it" this year, and he did two that were pretty hard and they turned out great.


 Then, on to Halloween night!  First the witches brew & clam chowder and then a late night of trick-or-treating.
 As you can see . . .Abby was a witch (which was not the original plan, but we seemed to have miss placed or discarded the big bag that had some costumes in it.  Luckily my sister had a witch costume in hand)  Carson was a Bakugan, and Cooper was Superman.

 They were both excited to spray their hair black and Carson can't help but strike a pose for a picture.

 The face paint is not really necessary, he just wanted to spice up the costume. 
 After some early rain, things seemed to clear up ok, and the kids had a great time trick-or-treating.  Abby and Carson stayed out pretty late and came home with way too much candy.  Cooper got too cold and didn't really see the point once he had a good amount in his bag, so he headed in early.  All-in all, we had a great holiday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable as always. Glad things are going good for you guys, hope the pregnancy is treating you well:) I was laughing when you said 2 post in a week, cause I was thinking the same thing about me. I was just getting ready to post about Halloween, and shocked that I actually have had 2 seconds to do one post let alone 2. I wish you posted everyday, cause I love reading about your kids. So are you all ready for baby 4? 4 is so fun, but a lot of work:) I have to honestly count kids, because I keep forgetting some of them where ever I go. I'm not a good mom when it comes to keeping track of the kiddos. Well keep the post coming, and I think we should meet up sometime for dinner. Love ya, and miss ya

Robyn said...

First of all, I LOVE your new table.:)
Second of all, thank you for two posts, what a great example you are! I love that I totally KNOW what you've been doing, but now I actually get to SEE what you've done! I wish I could have seen a few more pics from your trip...

I just love that Grundy family down the road, and I don't know what I'd do without any of ya!

xoxo