Sunday, August 26, 2012

Spring Time 2012

 It wasn't quite spring time yet at home, but in Arizona, it felt amazing!! Grandma took Abby and I on a girl's trip at the end of February to Arizona to see the play "Wicked" and more importantly see the Finnertys.  We were so excited to see their new house (and pool) and spend some time in the warmer weather.  We had so much fun at the play.  Abby had never seen it before and she thought it was the greatest thing ever.  Her and I spent the night watching youtube videos of the songs all night in my bed.  We spent most of our time shopping and going to lunch and movies (as girls do).  We also had fun watching Kaitlyn cheer and seeing her kick butt at her softball game.  Abby had fun in the pool, the water was still too chilly for me, but she didn't seem to mind one bit.

 The beginning of March means its time for Cooper's birthday.  He had the best day ever!  He had our attention the whole day.  We went to Chuck E. Cheese and played games and ate pizza and junk food all night.  He also had a birthday party with the extended family.  I can't believe how fast he is growing up.  When I think about my kids I always think about Abby and Carson being the bigger ones and Copper and Bo being the babies, but all Cooper wants is to be with the bigger kids.  Now that he is four, I guess I need to move him passed the baby stage, but I don't think I'm ready for that.

 Of course, Grandma bought cute matching shirts for St. Patrick's Day.  The glasses were a big hit!
Ok, I'm not going to lie.... sometimes when Bo and I are alone, I pull his hair back on the top of his head, just to see if I'm right.  And YES! Boden does look like Abby did when she was his age.  Proof is in the picture!
We had a really fun Easter this year.  Amy and Justin came to visit with Kamryn and yummy chubby Jeter.  We had at least 3 Easter Egg hunts, including one at Brandi's house for the whole extended family, of course, she spoiled all of the kids as usual.  The Easter bunny left eggs to find inside our house on Easter morning, and then we also had one at Grandma and Grandpa's house where Carson found the coveted "golden egg", and I just don't think you can possibly smile any bigger than he did at that moment.  Bo was hilarious to watch during all of the hunts.  He loved finding the eggs, but he loved opening them up even more.  He would also just walk around to everybody's basket and steal an egg or two from each one.We also colored eggs, made cake pops and spent a lot of time together as a family. 

 We decided to have a "stay-cation" this year.  We have been so busy with baseball and softball and Young Women's and work, and everything else in our life, that we decided since the kids were off-track, we should go on vacation, but we really didn't have the time or money to do something big, so I decided to get us a room at the downtown Hyatt, by the Gateway Mall and see if we can make the best of it.  The kids absolutely loved it!  We went to the Clark Planetarium, which I guess I didn't realize they would love so much, but they went crazy!  They wanted to go back the next day.  We also went to a movie and dinner and spent the next day swimming in the pool and playing games in the room.  It turned out to be the perfect "get away".
 In other news... Abby participated in the Grundy's first ever school Science Fair.  She did it on Fingerprints and went with her dad to his work.  She did a great job and ended up moving on to District, where she took third place.
I guess I'm officially 34 now.  Sometimes I feel like that is exactly right and other times I feel like something is wrong because I couldn't possibly be this old. When I think about all of the things that have happened in my life and all of the memories I have, I am not sure how I have jammed it in just 34 short years.  Even though I have had some tough times that I wish could have been different, I wouldn't change anything about the life that I have at this moment.  My kids are the most precious thing in the world to me and I feel so blessed that I get to wake up each day and take care of them.  I am married to the someone who I know for sure was hand picked just for me.  I know I only blog and take pictures of things that are perfect, and yes, things are hard and crazy a lot of the time, but at the end of the day, this is the way I see my life and I am thankful for every minute of it, and I wouldn't change a thing!
 Back to business,  Cooper started T-Ball this year.  So, speaking of crazy.... Chad wanted to coach both Cooper's team and Carson's baseball team, at the same time I am coaching Abby's softball team! @#%*#
How do we survive?  Well, sometimes we don't, but with a little help from Grandma, we usually know where Bo is at any given moment, but not always.
 Of course, Cooper still has his tongue thing going on.....

Carson really started loving baseball this year.  He told me, "Mom, I'm REALLY into baseball now!"  He is so funny.  When he decided he likes something, he goes at it 100%.  He talks about it all of the time.  His favorite movie is "Sandlot" which might be what started his fascination, because he now wants to know all about Babe Ruth and why he is the "king of crash".  He even decided to do his Great Brain Project on it for school and he was so excited to tell the class what he had learned.
 Kind of out of the blue, we decided to make a trip to Las Vegas with Grandma and Grandpa.  We stayed with Amy and Justin and went to see the Hoover Dam.  We spent a lot of time in the water and playing with the cute kiddos. Boden was a maniac in the water.  He would splash and go crazy any chance he could, then he would just laugh and laugh.  Man, I love that kid!



No comments: