Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ok,  it is time to catch up on family business.  I know it has been awhile, but I am determined to keep up on some type of family record, so again, I apologize for the overwhelming amount of pictures.  To recap our spring. . . .

Easter came and went and the kids had a blast.  I love the age of my kids right now, they are so fun and easily excited.  Grandma bought them matching outfits that made for perfect pictures.


Easter morning was fun as usual.  Cooper LOVED the easter egg hunt and he equally loved his pink and purple basket to put them in.
And as usual, the Easter bunny made the hunt a little hard for small kids.
The "other" Grundy's were here for Easter, which made it all the better.  If they would let us, we would just keep Kamryn in our family, I mean what is one more really ? And she fits in perfectly.

We also lost our beloved Grandpa Bill that weekend, so it was nice to have the family together.
ABBY :  Abby has been pretty busy this spring.  She just finished up her year of dancing.  She had three dances and she loves it all.  I am working on being a stage mom and I am seriously considering buying a Caboodle just to fit in.

She also played her first year of softball and she had a really good time and she did a great job.  It was especially funny on the days we had to run from one dance competition to a softball game and she would go in full makeup and sparkles.



She is growing up so fast and I hate every minute of it.  She will be getting baptized in the fall and then what?  Graduate?  She is really excited for second grade and she hates the idea of summer break.

Carson:  Carson is just funny.  He graduated preschool and he is ready for kindergarten! 


And yes!  If you thought it was impossible for him to have more teeth missing in his mouth. . . it is true!  Besides the three that are missing from the top, (that he lost when he was two, due to a situation with the hard tile floor) he is now missing his bottom two teeth that have fallen out on their own.  He told me he has to eat oatmeal every day for breakfast so it will be easier for him.  I have to admit, it is funny to watch him eat anything with ham in it, or anything that he actually has to bite through, it is really a spectator sport.  I don't know how he does it, but he seems to make it work.


He is also playing baseball this year.  He has graduated from T-ball although he is such a runt, you would think he is on the wrong team.

My favorite part of watching him is when he gets a hit or does something good and he is running with this smirk on his face, because he really doesn't want you to know that he is smiling.  He has to look cool you know.
He actually does a really good job, but once in awhile the real Carson comes out, especially if he has bubble gum of any kind.

He is still a goof ball, but a sweetheart none the less.  He loves running around with his friends and playing the Wii.  We have a different kid from preschool call everyday to play with him, and he is always looking forward to the next fun thing.

Cooper:  Cooper, as mentioned earlier, has become our ballpark baby.  He loves going from game to game and every morning he says, "going to mom's ball game?"  "Carson's game?"  "Abby's game?" and when I tell him there is not a game, he is very disappointed.  Maybe it is because when he walks into the park he immediately asks for is routine ring pop.

 In two year old news, we went to the zoo and he was in heaven.  He loved every animal and has been reliving it everyday since.


He loved the baby elephant and he was most excited to see the big gorilla.  He still walks around the house with the map of the zoo, talking about each of the animals we saw.

He still keeps us laughing everyday. He is so fun, and he has so much of his own personality, although he tries to copy everything his brother and sister do.


And this is what happens lately when you ask him to smile.  He is getting a little better, but seriously .. . . . .
I honestly love this age!  I have never hated the terrible twos.   I think they are so funny and I love all of the quiet moments we get together (when we actually get one).  I love them in the morning.  I love how excited he gets about everything.  I love listening to him talk and the stories he is trying to tell me.  Although, he is definitely two and has his moments.  The good, by far, out weigh the bad, and I am laughing throughout most of my day.  How could I not?

And it is official. . . We will be adding another child to this madness soon.  We are expecting and I am about 12 weeks along.  I am due on December 25!  And if you know me at all. . . . that is not possible.  I have a plan for everything, well, I HAD a plan and it was a very good plan.  I decided that God is teaching me a lesson that I can not control everything, which is a hard lesson for me to learn.  He wanted to make it crystal clear, so not only send the baby early, but lets send it on Christmas Day!  Or anywhere in the month of December for that matter.  But no worries, I have it under control (or so I say).  You will see my Christmas tree up in September with the gifts and all (maybe even the air conditioning still on) and one way or another I will make this work.  We are so excited to have a new baby in our home, my eyes tear up just at the thought.  I think if I had the time and finances, I would have 10 of them.  So, to put a positive spin on things, I can't think of a better thing to be doing at Christmas, then welcoming a new baby home.  I know that we will definitely have a special spirit in our home and what more could you ask for at that time of year.

6 comments:

Jaclyn, Brandon, Ava & Emma said...

congrats!!! and your kids are so freakin cute! You need to swing by the school and say hi!

Unknown said...

What! Weren't you going to wait until after the ragnar for that? Anyway, congrats! Grundy's have very cute kids, can't wait to meet another one!!! Is this baby named yet? If not I would be surprised! We are very happy for you!

charise said...

If your tree is going up in September, we have to get crackin on the shopping soon! Looks like we better be done in August this year. Whats 2 months earlier, right? We are so excited for you guys!!

Hampers said...

Nice blog with nice picture of cuties having a great time. I like each and every picture on your blog but the last one with a cutie wearing sun glasses look awesome.

Anonymous said...

I new it... I just didn't want to ask. LOL I just had a feeling that you needed another one of your adorable kids. It will be so special to have one so close to Christmas, I'm so excited for you. I have to say that 4 is no different from 3, it's just one more to add to the fun. Your kids are growing up so fast, holy cow. I wish so bad that I had the time, and patience to just come spend a day with you and your kids, my kids would absolutely love it. Well I too am thankful for blogs so we can keep in touch some how. Good Luck with the pregnancy, you are such a cute mom!!!

Justin and Amy said...

I totally had a caboodle when I was in dance a billion years ago. Hilarious. I didn't know people still used those! Your kids are amazingly beautiful and we can't wait to see you next weekend. I can't wait for another little Grundy to come on Christmas. Yay!