He also had a pretty sweet ride.
Carson was a King this year, and as he noticed all of the other kids, he was pretty disappointed that he wasn't Optimus Prime (he didn't realize that was an option). We had to bundle him up so he wouldn't get cold and by the end of the night he had taken off his costume and just had his sweats, beanie, and gloves on, and was telling people he was a hip-hop dancer. ( I think I heard him say "whats up?" a couple of times)
Abby was a fairy, of course she was good with everything. We had to bundle her up too and she didn't mind as long as her hair looked pretty.
We were lucky to have the Finnertys here for Halloween. My kids loved having more kids to run around with. Can you guess which kids are theirs (scary, scary, scary, scary, cutesy, cutesy, cutesy).
We did all of the required pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and pumpkin carvings to get ready for the holiday.
Abby was very thoughtful about her carving, (which of course included the biggest pumpkin with heart eyes)
Carson was very focused. I saw him sticking his tongue out with pure concentration more than once. ( he made his own version of Dracula)
Cooper just stabbed at it, as we expected.
We also had our annual FHE Halloween party.
Chad and I even dressed up like idiots to party with our friends (he is such a good sport)
We had our usual Clam Chowder and breadsticks on Halloween night, and Chad even went all out and made some "witch's brew" (homemade rootbeer/ dry ice) the kids thought it was "totally awesome". It was a great Halloween.
Back a couple of weeks. . . We went on a road trip to Las Vegas. I know, who goes to Las Vegas for 11 days? Yep, us. Chad had a training there for work most of the time (which was paid for, yeah:). Plus Amy, Justin and Kamryn live there, so we were able to spend time with them too. We had tons of fun, although it felt a little weird going swimming in October. (here is baby Kamryn and her dad)
Abby hit the wave pool with Kaitlyn (her and Ethan also made the trip).
Cooper would just put on his floaties and coast around the lazy river, which was not so lazy, it was actually pretty fast.
We had a lot of fun swimming and laying around in the room. We also took the kids to Circus Circus, and for a family friendly walk on the strip (um, not so much, we just kept telling them to look up and don't look directly at the little fliers on the ground.)
Of course we had to take Carson to the Shark Reef. He is such a sea animal junky its crazy! The funnest part was that when we checked into our next hotel, a lady came over and handed all three kids a backpack thing with a safari hat and a map and some postcards and crayons. It was so cute! The Carson became obsessed with his hat and insisted on wearing it to the reef. I didn't realize it matched so well, and he ended up looking like a little explorer. People were commenting the whole time.
His newest fascination is with the big Komoto Dragon they had there.But he LOVED EVERYTHING! He and Abby were so funny because they had to listen to EVERY single word the information thing was saying. I kept telling them they didn't have to listen to the whole thing, but they were in a zone. Let's just say, it made for a long visit.
Despite the picture, Abby loved it too. She is just focusing.
We had a lot of fun, I love vacationing with my kids, but 11 days and 5 different hotel rooms is exhausting.
Of course he had to get a Komoto Dragon for the road.































6 comments:
So much to comment with all those darling pictures.
We'll take cutesy as long as we can get it...right? Pretty soon they won't let you have a say in those costumes! They looked so dang cute and I'm sad we didn't get pictures together with our queen, knight, king, dragon and fairly! We should make them wear them again so we can!
Love you and you and Chad are the cutesy-est of all!
Love you!
(And how cute is her coat???!!!)
and by fairly, I meant fairy!!!
and Carson's explorer hat is my favorite of all!
You guys are such a busy busy family! Our life is so boring compared to the crazy Grundy's. I love the Halloween pictures. Those costumes are so stinkin cute. It's so funny to see how you guys have to bundle up to go outside and I was worried about Kamryn being too hot down here. I wish we could have carved pumpkins with you all. Maybe next year... we miss you! Your kids are amazing.
FUN FUN FUN! I love the costumes and all your fun halloween activities. The FHE tradition is awesome, and your party looked like so much fun. Does Chad have any spirit fingers to go along with that outfit?
Oh, and you totally win best mom ever to make it through that vacation with all your kids AND your sanity intact! Love you guys!
Great Halloween! Thanks for all the hard work and having us over. We love spending time with you guys. The kids looked so cute and you and Chad weren't too bad either.
I love reading your blog, probably cause it's the only time I see you guys:) Your kids are so cute, and Cooper is getting so big...holy cow. You and Chad are the cutest cheerleaders I've ever seen!!! Hope all is well with you guys, if you ever make it down this way make sure you call.
Post a Comment