First day of school! First day of school! First day of school! Abby is officially a first grader, which means she is finally going to school ALL DAY! She has been so excited, she could hardly sleep.

One of the funnest things for her is riding the bus with her friends.

I told her that I wanted to have it be a tradition for me to drive her to school on the first day, but she said, "Mom, I always get to be with you, and I never have time for my friends." Then, I told her that if she wouldn't let me drive her, then I would follow her in the car and get out to see her line up and everything on her first day. She then told me, "I guess you just love me SO much that you have to follow me there, huh? " In which case, I replied "Yes, I do." She gave me a little smirk and said, "Well, could you love me a little less?". . . .did she seriously just say that? She thought she was pretty funny. I on the other hand was trying to deal with having a First Grader and that was not exactly what I wanted to hear.

She was so excited when she got to school and saw some of her "older friends."

Abby and her friend Ava. Both extremely excited to start school and try the whole school lunch thing.

It has been really weird having her gone all day. Carson is not quite sure what to do with himself. Put it this way, he has had a friend over every day of the week. I am not quite sure how I feel. I am so excited for her, mostly because I know how excited she is, and what a BIG thing this is in her life. I am tremendously proud of her, it has always been so easy for her to make new transitions. I am also sad to see her grow up so fast. I miss having her home with me, I am losing a huge helper at home with the boys. The other day, she came home from school, did her homework and her reading, had a snack and went off to dancing for 2 hours and when she came home it was time for bed. I felt like I didn't even see her, and I am
definitely not used to that, but that won't be everyday, and I am excited for the next chapter in our lives and I look forward to many more hard, but exciting times.

(P.S. Carson will be starting
pre-school very soon.)
6 comments:
No way. I just can't believe she is in first grade. I refuse to believe it. She looks so grown up it's insane! So fun though. I just really can't believe it. Your kids are growing up way too fast. It's so sad we are missing it:( But we can't wait to see you in a couple weeks. Yay!
Our baby is so growing up! I'm with you, I'm excited for her but sad at how fast she is growing up. She looks so cute!! I hope she has an amazing year. Love our little Abby girl!
Finally, some first day of school photos! (just kidding) Cute pictures though.
P.S. That photo of Ty is NOT real. I would not have married him if he ever had hair like that!!
I am feeling the same way Kel it is sad but Kyli is so excited too and I know I dont have to worry about her!! and kayden and I are so lost without her all day!!!
Oh my goodness, I think I just felt sad for a moment that Savvy doesn't go to school with all her cute friends! Good thing she has soccer!
I seriously think her outfit is one of the cutest first day of school outfits I've ever seen. Good Job ladies!
Oh ya, next time you price-line San Diego - I'm coming with you!
Thinking of you cute friend, can't wait to buy you sandals!
xoxo
Cute pictures! It's so fun to see all the first day of school photos! Kaydie gets a little sad though, she misses her friends.
Oh, and have fun when it's just you and Cooper! It's sad but, fun. Just think, you could be like me, and be all alone all day!
Post a Comment